MIđSTÍđ INNFLYTJENDARANNSËKNA REYKJAV═KURAKADEM═UNNI
Center for Migration Studies of New York (CMS)
- is a non-profit organization, founded in 1964. Its primary goal is to support and undertake research, and to provide a forum for debate on international migration.
CMS publishes International Migration Review, a
leading peer-reviewed scholarly journal specialized in this subject, it
publishes books and monographs, undertakes original research and organizes
conferences and forums on international migration, including the Annual
Conference on Immigration and Refugee Policy. http://www.cmsny.org/
Centre for Research in Ethnic Relations (CRER)
- The Centre for Research in Ethnic Relations (CRER) is the major academic body in the UK for the research and teaching of aspects of race, migration and ethnic relations.
- CRER is at the forefront of research into the experience of people from minority ethnic groups in the UK and Western Europe. http://www.warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/CRER_RC/
Centre for Research in International Migration and Ethnic Relations (CEIFO)
- CEIFO is an inter-disciplinary research unit at Stockholm University with the principal aim to coordinate and develop research in the field of international migration and ethnic relations.
- Research priorities are: International migration: Processes, interventions, consequences. State, politics and policies in relation to migration and ethnicity. Racism, discrimination and belief systems. Multiculturalism and diversity management. Integration and incorporation into the welfare state. http://www.ceifo.su.se/
Centre for Research on Nationalism, Ethnicity and Multiculturalism (CRONEM)
Centre on Migration, Policy and Society (COMPAS)
- COMPAS at the University of Oxford conducts high quality research to develop theory, inform public opinion and evaluate policy.
- The University of Oxford has become one of the foremost locations for theoretically advanced and policy-relevant social science research on international migration. http://www.compas.ox.ac.uk/
- Is an independent, international research network of social scientists and experts providing reports on contemporary European inter-ethnic relations; migration flows and integration.
- Monitors events, highlights areas of tension and identifies relevant topics for further inquiry, with a special attention to social, political and cultural factors as well as to the historical contexts in which they develop, and thus establishing the analytical bedrock upon which effective policy can be devised. http://www.ethnobarometer.org/
European Research Centre on Migration and Ethnic Relations (ERCOMER)
- The centre is situated within the Faculty of Social Sciences, Utrecht University, the Netherlands. Research is conducted within four themed clusters: Migration and migrants; Immigrants and minorities in (host) societies; (Host) Society's responses to migrants and minority groups; and Nationalism and internationalism.
- The research topics include multiculturalism, ethnic exclusionism, ethnic conflict, racism, nationalism and internationalism. http://www.uu.nl/uupublish/onderzoek/onderzoekcentra/ercomer/24638main.html
Institute for Migration and Ethnic Studies, University of Amsterdam (IMES)
- IMES is an interdisciplinary research institute that focuses on issues related to migration and integration from an international and comparative perspective.
- IMES helps to develop educational programmes and implements degrees at the levels of BA, MA and PhD, and works closely with other national and international academic institutes and organisations in the field of migration. http://www2.fmg.uva.nl/imes/
Institute for Social Research (ISF)
- The Institute for Social Research (ISF) is an independent foundation, multidisciplinary in its orientation, today comprising research within all of the social sciences, as well as history.
- The research projects include: Employment and working conditions; Gender and society; Civil society in transition; International migration, integration and ethnic relations. http://www.samfunnsforskning.no/
International and European Immigration Research Forum (FIERI)
- FIERI's aim is to understand migration phenomena and the policies to incorporate immigrants and new minorities, paying particular attention to the reality of the various regions and to the international and European constraints.
- FIERI organises research, conferences, conventions, targeted seminars; organises high level training; promotes editorial initiative; supplies documentation, information and services to single citizens, associations and public bodies. http://www.fieri.it/index_eng.cfm
The International Metropolis Project
- Is a forum for bridging research, policy and practice on migration and diversity.
- The Project aims to enhance academic research capacity, encourage policy-relevant research on migration and diversity issues, and facilitate the use of that research by governments and non-governmental organizations. http://international.metropolis.net/index_e.html
International Migration Integration & Social Cohesion (IMISCOE)
- IMISCOE is a Network of Excellence that implements an integrated, multidisciplinary, rigorously comparative research programme on migration, integration and social cohesion, with Europe as its central focus.
- IMISCOE provides comprehensive theoretical and empirical knowledge that can form a reliable basis for policy. http://www.imiscoe.org/about/aims/index.html
Migration & Citizenship Research Initiative - Humanities Institute of Ireland (MCRI)
- MCRI is a multi-disciplinary, cross-university and cross-sector research infrastructure and network that supports critically engaged research at national and international levels.
- Research themes include: Identity, Citizenship & Civil Society; Immigration, Social Policy & Institutional Change; Regional & Global Trends & Transformations. www.ucd.ie/mcri
Norwegian Institute for Urban and Regional Research (NIBR)
- NIBR is an interdisciplinary social science centre for urban and regional research.
- NIBR works internationally on urban and regional research from an environmental and developmental perspective. http://www.nibr.no/content/view/full/66
- ALMAeuropa is an organisation that works with social issues such as integration, racism and culture.
- Our vision is a just society where each individual, regardless of gender, origin or other affiliations, enjoys the same opportunities and rights. http://www.almaeuropa.org/
Diversity, Migration, and Integration Interest Group (DMIIG)
- The European Foundation Centre (EFC) is an international association of foundations and corporate funders, promoting collaboration to advance the public good in Europe and beyond.
- The EFC Diversity, Migration and Integration Interest Group (DMIIG) provides a platform for debate, information sharing, exchange of good practice and collaboration in the fields of migration, migrant integration and diversity.http://www.efc.be/projects/DMIIG/DMIIG.htm
International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD)
- ICMPD is an inter-governmental organisation with UN Observer status, created in 1993 at the initiative of Switzerland and Austria.
- The purpose of the Centre is to promote innovative, comprehensive and sustainable migration policies and to function as a service exchange mechanism for governments and organisations in the wider European region. http://www.icmpd.org/
International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
- IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people. http://www.iom.int/jahia/jsp/index.jsp
The Migration Policy Institute (MPI)
- MPI is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit think tank in Washington, DC dedicated to the study of the movement of people worldwide.
- MPI provides analysis, development, and evaluation of migration and refugee policies at the local, national, and international levels. http://www.migrationpolicy.org/
Migration Policy Group (MPG)
- MPG's mission is to stimulate well-informed European debate and action on migration, equality and diversity, and enhance European co-operation between and amongst governmental agencies, civil society organisations and the private sector.
- Primary activities include: Gathering, analysing and sharing information; Creating opportunities for dialogue and mutual learning; Mobilising and engaging stakeholders in policy debates; Establishing, inspiring and managing expert networks. http://www.migpolgroup.com/
Migration Resources (MigRes)
- MigRes provides information useful for interdisciplinary research on migration and migrant communities, as well as on asylum, immigration policy and initiatives targeted at the incorporation of migrants.
- MigRes also includes a directory of scholars to facilitate the creation of research networks and encourage interaction among scholars. http://www.iue.it/RSCAS/Research/MIGRES/
UNESCO's Programme on International Migration
- UNESCO can support research and provide training on migration policies to decision-makers adding to prevent future policies from being based on ill-defined and misconceptions.
- UNESCO can strengthen the link between research and policy-making on migration issues; contributing to advocacy and policy dialogue on migration issues and stimulating innovative thinking on migration policies. http://portal.unesco.org/shs/en/ev.php-URL_ID=1211&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html